Samsung Data Recovery: Common Failures
- Malfunctioning read/write heads – Read/write heads are small, internal components of hard drives that rapidly glide along disk platters, another internal component of hard drives, to “read” or “write” data. The read/write heads don’t touch the platters, but “fly” approximately three nanometers above their surfaces. When read/write heads malfunction, data can no longer be “read” or “written,” which renders the hard drive useless.
- Damaged PCB – A PCB (printed circuit board) mechanically supports and electrically connects the various electronic components of a hard drive. When a hard drive’s PCB malfunctions, the hard drive will no longer spin up.
- Bad sectors – Think of a “sector” as a “location” in a media device where data can be stored. Modern media devices can have anywhere from tens of millions to hundreds of millions of sectors (depending on the capacity of the device). Bad sectors are sectors that can no longer be used to store data, and are either the result of physical damage, such as scratches on the surface of a hard drive’s platters or (for flash memory media devices) transistor failure, or logical damage, such as sectors being stuck in an irreversible magnetic or digital state (something that happens naturally over the lifetime of a media device). At ASAP Data Recovery Services, we use a technique called sector slipping to avoid the bad sectors on your damaged hard drive.
Samsung Data Recovery: Common Symptoms
- Clicking, scratching, clunking, or knocking noises coming from the drive.
- Spins up, but then stops.
- Doesn’t spin up at all.
- Isn’t recognized in BIOS.
If you experience any of the above problems with your Samsung hard drive and require Samsung data recovery, please submit a request for a quote to receive free diagnostics.
Here is a list of some of the Samsung HDD models we have data recovery experience with.
|EcoGreen F DT
Spinpoint F DT
|SpinPoint P120 SATA
PANGO (PL40, PL40S)
VELOCE (V80, V80P, V80PL)
PALO (P80, P80VE, P80P, P80PL, P80S)
RUBICON (P80H, P80VA)
When it comes to data recovery in Los Angeles, ASAP Data Recovery stands out as a reliable and efficient choice. Our specialized team of experts is equipped to handle various data loss scenarios, offering swift and secure recovery solutions for hard drives, SSDs, USB flash drives, and memory cards. With a 97% success rate and a customer-centric approach, we prioritize the confidentiality and integrity of your data. Whether you’re a business in need of critical file retrieval or an individual seeking to recover cherished memories, ASAP Data Recovery in Los Angeles is here to provide you with exceptional services, ensuring your valuable data is in the best hands possible.