Hitachi Data Recovery: Common Failures
- Malfunctioning read/write heads – Read/write heads are small, internal components of hard drives that rapidly glide along disk platters, another internal component of hard drives, to “read” or “write” data. The read/write heads don’t touch the platters, but “fly” approximately three nanometers above their surfaces. When read/write heads malfunction, data can no longer be “read” or “written,” which renders the hard drive useless.
- Damaged PCB – A PCB (printed circuit board) mechanically supports and electrically connects the various electronic components of a hard drive. When a hard drive’s PCB malfunctions, the hard drive will no longer spin up.
- Bad sectors – Think of a “sector” as a “location” in a media device where data can be stored. Modern media devices can have anywhere from tens of millions to hundreds of millions of sectors (depending on the capacity of the device). Bad sectors are sectors that can no longer be used to store data, and are either the result of physical damage, such as scratches on the surface of a hard drive’s platters or (for flash memory media devices) transistor failure, or logical damage, such as sectors being stuck in an irreversible magnetic or digital state (something that happens naturally over the lifetime of a media device). At ASAP Data Recovery Services, we use a technique called sector slipping to avoid the bad sectors on your damaged hard drive.
Hitachi Data Recovery: Common Symptoms
- Clicking, scratching, clunking, or knocking noises coming from the drive.
- Spins up, but then stops.
- Doesn’t spin up at all.
- Isn’t recognized in BIOS.
If you experience any of the above problems with your Hitachi hard drive and require Hitachi data recovery, please submit a request for a quote to receive free diagnostics.
Here is a list of some of the Hitachi HDD models we have data recovery experience with.
ASAP Data Recovery is the go-to destination for all your data recovery in Los Angeles. With years of expertise and a team of skilled professionals, we excel in retrieving lost or inaccessible data from a wide range of media devices. Whether it’s recovering data from hard drives, RAID arrays, SSDs, USB flash drives, or memory cards, we have the cutting-edge tools and knowledge to get the job done efficiently. Our customer-centric approach ensures that your data is treated with the utmost care and confidentiality. Don’t let data loss stress you out; contact ASAP Data Recovery for fast, reliable, and secure data recovery services that you can trust.